booking with mathew
How to Book a Tattoo Appointment
Thank you very much for your interest in my Japanese style tattoo work. If you made it to this page you have an interest in Asian style tattooing and I’d be excited to discuss your ideas and tattoo goals with you. You will find all the crucial information you’ll need on how to book a tattoo appointment with me. If you should find you have further questions, please feel free to contact me through email or complete the Tattoo Booking Form and I’ll be happy to provide you with details. I look forward to speaking with you – Mat
$1,800 for a Full Day ($1000 Deposit required to book)
$1,000 for a Half Day ($500 Deposit required to book)
What is my artistic preference?
There are some exceptions to this. So please feel free to reach out to me if you have an interesting project in mind, and we can discuss if we are the right fit for each other.
How long does it take to get a tattoo appointment?
Bookings average 1-2 months in advance. Cancellations do occur therefore it is sometimes possible to provide a sooner appointment with short notice to those with greater flexibility.
Do I do Cover-ups?
What's my availability?
There are some requirements to be met for me to consider a new project. Please keep in mind that not every idea and design work for an excellent tattoo. But I am always happy to talk over your ideas with the hope we can come up with a design we will both be happy with. The best way to reach out is through the website Booking Information Form or email the shop directly.
- Be aware that cover-ups will usually mean more time and consideration for the design. Thus resulting in more work. This is why laser treatments are recommended for darker or larger tattoos to be covered. It is understood this will add to the overall expense and time of your new tattoo. However, considering this new tattoo will be an investment it should be done to its best, on both our ends, and it’s well worth it. Also, consider that I will not need the extra time to design your tattoo as a cover, and cover the old tattoo itself. This will save a good amount of your time with me. Not to mention the artistic sacrifices to your new design that may be needed to allow for an effective coverup. It is best if your old unwanted tattoo does not dictate the results of your new beautiful tattoo. A few of the reputable companies that exclusively work in tattoo removal are The Removery in Boston MA, and Ink Free in Dover NH.
- I work with 100% freedom to achieve the best tattoo possible using your ideas on the subject matter and my artistic abilities and Japanese style-inspired tattooing. Please keep in mind, that some styles fit some designs better than others.
- Please view my portfolio and my social media accounts to see what I do for tattoo style, colors, my abilities, and so on. Yes, I tattoo, but I do not tattoo anything and everything. Please do your homework and be familiar with my style. It takes trust and confidence to achieve the best tattoo experience possible. I do not tattoo lettering, Celtic, tribal, etc. Nor do I rework or add to old tattoos. Although I am open to working on old and new designs together for a visually cohesive design that feels good and natural to both the client and myself.
- A percentage of my work is freehand and always custom. This means the design or part of the design is drawn directly on the skin, or based on sketches done beforehand. In this case, there won’t be any drawing shown before your appointment. If there was a sketch done, you will see it the day of the appointment as I tend to draw the final design the night before to keep things fresh in mind. For this reason, consults are extremely important to be sure we both know what to expect, have communicated
fully, and have established trust. Please come prepared and know what you want, within reason.
- For larger work such as sleeves and back pieces, it is important to understand that it is a commitment both financially and of our time. Appointments are set every four to six weeks until the completion of your tattoo unless other arrangements have been made in advance. I recommend booking all your appointments at once to avoid ending up at the end of the list. Only one deposit is taken and will be carried over to each sitting until the completion of your design. This deposit will be credited towards your last and final payment or it may be rolled over to your next tattoo.
- Smaller, one-sitting tattoos will be priced per piece and the price will be agreed upon before an appointment is made.
Do Your Homework
- The are many awesome websites where you can find a ton of information about the style and history of Japanese tattooing. These are a great way to research some of the amazing imagery that can be found in the Japanese style. As well as the meanings behind some of the most popular subjects in Japanese tattoo art today. A few good sites to get you started are 25 Traditional Japanese Tattoos and Their Meanings and Most Popular Japanese Style Tattoos.
Send a Message
Meredith, New Hampshire, 03253
Get In Touch
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm